- Check In Time
- Check Out Time
- Cleaning Requirements
- Power Failure/Weather/Early Departure
- Security During Your Stay at The Cabin
- Items left behind
- Cancellation policy
- Use of Grill
- Hot Tub
- Fire Prevention
- Noise and Parties
Check in time begins at 4:00 p.m. EST.
Check out is at 10:00 a.m. EST.
Guest(s) are required to leave the property in the same general condition it was when they checked in. Dishes should be cleaned and put away but beds do not need to be made. Linens and towels should be placed on the floor near the washer/dryer.
Garbage must be put in garbage cans outside. If moved, furniture must be placed in its original location.
Dishes must be washed and put away in cabinets.
Because we offer our guests a safe, peaceful, and relaxing vacation getaway, we must restrict our cabins to only well-behaved children over the age of eight. Parents who wish to bring babies may be considered however, the cabins are not child-proofed and may not be a safe environment for precocious children or toddlers.
Smoking is allowed outside only - with the doors to the cabin closed. Discard the butts and ashes in the outside garbage. Do not throw butts on the ground.
If there is any tobacco smell in the cabin after your departure, there will be a $250 charge as well as any additional associated costs which could include carpet cleaning, dry cleaning, and loss of rental income.
Mountain Vista Cabins are pet-friendly but we do have some rules. Please see the separate Pet Policy for additional information.
Beds (with exception of futon) are made prior to your arrival. Linen supplies include bed linens (sheets, pillowcases, 1 blanket & bedspread per bed), and bath towels. There will be a starter supply of bar soap, toilet paper, and paper towels.
The house is cleaned and the hot tub is drained, sanitized, and refilled prior to arrival. Daily housekeeping is not provided and guests are expected to wash towels and linens as needed during their stay. It is not necessary to wash towels or bed linen prior to departure.
A supply of expendable items such as paper goods, soap, and saran wrap, foil etc. is provided; please bring additional items if you feel this will not be adequate. While housekeeping is not provided during your stay, some basic cleaning supplies are available in the cabin to allow you to do your own cleaning during your stay.
Place garbage in the outside containers and they will be removed at the end of your stay.
If you are without power for more than 24 hours, a prorated refund will be given and we will try and help you find other accommodations. Power outages in this area are not common, but they sometimes occur and usually only last for 2-3 hours. We cannot give refunds due to inclement weather, or for early departure for any reason.
When you rent the cabin, you assume responsibility for it and its contents, as well as your personal property. Always lock the doors and windows when you leave the cabin. If there is a gate on the property, you must lock the gate when you leave the property. While you are at the property we suggest that you keep the gate locked but we will leave it up to you.
You are advised that walking around the property may be hazardous and you do so at your own risk. While well-behaved children are welcome, be advised that there are conditions in and around mountain cabins that may pose hazards to children as well as to adults who fail to use appropriate caution.
These are conditions that are common to all cabins such as staircases, fireplaces, decks, and the hot tub. Mountain Vista Cabins does not assume any responsibility for injuries resulting from your failure to use due caution. Children must be supervised at all times.
Please let us know of any needed repairs and they will be repaired as soon as possible. No refunds will be issued for malfunctioning equipment unless it poses a safety hazard, in which case a prorated refund will be given.
Please check carefully for belongings before you leave. Items left behind can be mailed to you COD if requested.
Because we are a small business, cancellations have a powerfully significant affect on us. This is the reason we must have a strict cancellation policy.
All cancellations must be received in writing and are subject to the following penalties:
- Over 60 days before arrival date = $100 administration fee
- 60 days to 31 days before arrival date = 25% of rental amount
- 30 or fewer days prior to the arrival date, regardless of the reason, you will be charged for the entire reservation. The only exception that can be made is if we successfully rebook your reservation in its entirety.
No refunds can be given for:
- Early departures (less days than reserved)
- Delayed arrival
- Reducing the number of nights reserved
- Weather conditions
- Fear of heights or roads
If you use the charcoal grill, we ask that you scrape and remove ashes and place into the pail provided near the grill area. When completely cooled, place the ashes in with the rest of your trash.
Guests Use Hot Tubs at Own Risk.
Before you checked in, the hot tub was drained, cleaned, sanitized, and refilled with water and chemicals to prepare the hot tub for your use.
Using any hot tub carries with it some serious risks. If you or your party fails to follow any of the rules we have set forth below, the result could be an allergic reaction, illness, injury or death. For your own safety and the safety of everyone in your party, it is very important that you follow these rules.
- Solo Use: Never use the hot tub alone.
- Children: Children should be supervised by an adult at all times when using the hot tub. Children under 5 years of age may not use the hot tub.
- Chemical Dispenser/Floater: Bromine Dispenser must stay in hot tub at all times in order to promote sanitary conditions. If the floater is empty, notify us immediately so it can be refilled.
- Medical Conditions: People with allergies to bromine/chlorine/water treatment chemicals or those with the following medical conditions or susceptibilities must not use the hot tub:
- Persons using any medication or anyone with a medical condition must not use the hot tub unless the person’s treating physician has advised that it will be safe.
- Pregnant women and women who may possibly be pregnant.
- Individuals who have or may have suppressed or weak immune systems.
- Since infection spreads rapidly in hot water, do not use hot tub if you have open wounds or infections of any kind.
- Contact Lenses: Remove contact lenses before entering the hot tub.
- Time Limits: Always exit the hot tub after 15 minutes to give your body temperature time to normalize.
- Shower: Always shower before and after using the hot tub.
- No Alcohol or Drugs: The use of alcohol or drugs in or around the hot tub is extremely dangerous.
- Temperature: Never adjust the temperature of the water in the hot tub above 104 degrees. Lower water temperatures are recommended for children.
- Hyperthermia: Emersion in any heated water use can result in Hyperthermia, a dangerous condition brought about by excessive heat. The symptoms include: sweating, dizziness, nausea, light-headedness, increased pulse rate, shallow breathing, possible convulsions and unconsciousness. If you suspect hyperthermia, get medical help immediately.
- No Submersion: Never allow your head to submerge in hot tub. Long hair can become lodged in the intake of hot tub.
- Slipping Hazards: Be careful when entering or exiting the hot tub. The surrounding area may be moist or wet.
- Cover: The hot tub must always be covered when not in use. Never let anyone of any age sit or stand on the hot tub cover - the cover is made from Styrofoam, is for the purpose of insulation only, and it will NOT support a person's weight. A replacement cover costs $400 and if you break the cover you will be charged the full replacement fee.
- No Electrical Appliances: Do not bring any electrical appliance – such as a light, telephone, radio, or television – within 15 feet of the hot tub.
- Foreign Material: Never use any soaps, oils, or fragrance of any type or introduce any other foreign materials in the hot tub. This can damage the filters and/or affect the chemical balance of the tub and cause a dangerous situation. Shower before and after use.
- Jewelry & Fabrics: Fabrics may discolor in hot tub. Jewelry should never be worn.
- Notification of Problems or Concerns: If there are any problems with the hot tub, including but not limited to any mechanical, electrical, chemical or water quality concerns, please call and do not enter the hot tub until it has been serviced.
No Guarantee: We cannot guarantee, especially after your use of the hot tub, that the hot tub chemicals will remain effective against bacteria. Should you have any concerns relating to cleanliness, please call..
This area is vulnerable to forest fires. Use extreme caution with fireplace ashes, fires, and smoking materials. Please use outside ash bucket near BBQ to dispose of ashes. Never spray water into the fireplace. No fireworks. A fire could be disastrous. Please do not leave the cabin while fireplace is burning.
Please, ABSOLUTELY NO FIREWORKS. Trees and fireworks just don't mix. We are surrounded by a beautiful lush green forest and we would like it to stay that way.
We want you to enjoy your stay but the cabin is not authorized to be used for house parties.
In the mountains, sound carries far distances. If there is excessive noise, evidence of any illegal activity, or evidence of violation of Mountain Vista Cabin's policies, you may be asked to vacate the premise without any refund.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and we hope you have a wonderful stay.